Home Services and Energy Retailers
Kaihen helps organizations prepare for the fundamental business changes that improve operations and customer service.
Our clients are electric, water & gas utilities, home services companies, energy retailers and municipalities.
Our name – Kaihen – means change, innovation, and transformation. It embodies everything we do for our clients.
Our core competency is business readiness – ensuring that our clients’ people, processes and systems are well-prepared to adopt the change we help to implement. We do so by managing projects, designing and improving business processes, training users, solution testing, and implementing powerful change management initiatives.
As a proudly Canadian consulting firm, our service offerings revolve around five key business functions of our clients’ businesses: Customer Operations, Smart Metering, Outage Management, Utility Data & Analytics, and Asset & Work Management.
- Managed the CIS Systems Integrator selection and the implementation of Oracle CC&B for electricity and water billing at an Ontario utility. (more…)
- Conducted an Outage Communications assessment and developed an Outage Communications implementation strategy at a large Ontario utility. (more…)
- Business readiness services related to Smart Metering and Time of Use implementations for six medium to large sized Ontario utilities. (more…)
- 7Project management and technical services for EnergyIP MDM system implementations for utilities in New York, Kansas, California, Texas and Vermont. (more…)
- Durham Engaged by the IESO to lead 45 utilities through MDM/R registration, enrollment and implementation, operational procedures and communications. (more…)
- alectra Business readiness services related to Smart Metering and Time of Use implementations for six medium to large sized Ontario utilities. (more…)
- Kaihen has been involved in three Water Billing projects (two in Ontario), assisting clients with their evaluation & selection process, as well as implementation.
- Project management and technical services for a Maximo Asset Management implementation for a large Ontario water municipal utility.
- Partnered with a large consulting firm for an Oracle CC&B CIS implementation, delivering business process design, solution testing, user training and change management.
- Provided advisory services validating requirements, assessing vendor suitability, and identifying implementation key success factors for an Outage Management System at an Ontario utility.
- Bill print selection, meter-to-cash process design, user training development and Cogsdale CIS project management for a US electricity, water and gas utility.
- Assessed the legacy CIS for an Ontario utility and provided project quality assurance for its electricity and water NorthStar CIS implementation.
- Project management and technical services for EnergyIP MDM system implementations for utilities in New York, Kansas, California, Texas and Vermont. (more…)
“Kaihen has supported Liberty Utilities in several capacities related to the CIS/meter to cash process implementations as Liberty Utilities grew its business through acquisition of regulated distribution utilities in the US. They played a role in business process definitions, bill print vendor requirements and proposal evaluation, and CIS-related project management and application management.” — John Lowson, Vice President, Transition Management and IT, Liberty Utilities
"The advice, guidance and hands-on delivery that the Kaihen team provided for our Smart Meter Initiative enabled Veridian’s MDM/R & TOU readiness activities to be completed successfully, on time and within budget." — Kevin Myers, Manager of Wholesale Settlements, Veridian Connections
"Kaihen did an outstanding job leading Enercare’s business requirements definition, alternative solution analysis, RFP development and overall evaluation for our selection of our CIS software and System Integrator vendor. Kaihen’s deep CIS and Utility subject matter expertise and strong project management approach led to a very successful engagement with the Enercare team. We look forward to extending our partnership with them on all future phases of our project." — Kevin Neild, Vice President Customer Operations & Planning, Enercare Connections
“Reliance engaged Kaihen to assist with our assessment of options to replace our legacy CIS. They performed a CIS software market scan, operational cost analysis and pre-project planning. We value their deep CIS expertise and knowledge of the CIS marketplace (both software products and system integrators; on premise and Cloud). Their unbiased, independent advice was highly beneficial.” — Celso Mello, Chief Information Office, Reliance
“We have been very pleased with the quality and speed of delivery, high level of productivity, professionalism and flexibility of the Kaihen team.” — Przemek Tomczak, Director, Smart Metering, Independent Electricity System Operator
"The Region had an excellent team of partners that helped us achieve our successful CIS implementation. Kaihen played the role of trusted advisor from the initial software and SI selection through the implementation and post go-live. With Kaihen’s deep CIS implementation, Kaihen contributed to the project’s success in a number of areas: formulating Region’s approach to configuring and deploying the system, led the data conversion on the Region’s side, led the Change Management and Communications.” — Joanne Cermak, Director, Financial Services & Project Sponsor, Region of Durham
“Kaihen played a valuable role in our CIS replacement project from the evaluation & selection phase through implementation. They brought utility & customer operations knowledge, Oracle CC&B subject matter expertise and a diligent project management approach.” — Linas Medelis, former Sponsor and VP Customer Service, PowerStream
For media inquiries please contact Pat Leahey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-710-4551
October 9, 2020
Toronto (October 9, 2020) – Kaihen hosted its first ever CIS Series Webinar for utilities that are considering going down the CIS replacement path, have already begun the journey or have completed their projects and are now looking back at it. This inaugural webinar addressed specific…
August 18, 2020
Toronto (August 18, 2020) – Kaihen is excited to announce that starting today, we will be providing additional insights on the CIS(Customer Information System) marketplace via published whitepapers, webcasts, social media, and conference participation. Please see our new CIS (Customer Information System) Series webpage. Our…
May 22, 2020
Toronto (April 24, 2020) – Kaihen is proud to announce that our client, the Regional Municipality of Durham (Region of Durham), was recently recognized by CS Week for the Best Customer Information System (CIS) Implementation (Mid-Size). The award salutes major implementations of customer information systems…
Are you ready?
Talk to us about how we can help your business get ready.
1500 Avenue Road
PO Box 70039
Toronto, ON, M5M 0A1