Validate, Cleanse, Bill, Insight & Act
Once the usage /consumption data has been collected from the head-end servers managing the data collection in the advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) or automatic meter reading (AMR) systems, the data is validated, estimated, edited and stored by the Meter Data Management (MDM) System which will make it available for billing and utility data analysis/analytics.
Our MDM system implementation services which also entails TOU billing rollout are as follows:
- Business process development: We build processes for each new MDM interface, while improving the impacted existing processes and required supporting processes.
- Testing: Our consultants develop test strategies, test preparation and test execution for systems, system integration, business processes, volume, and user acceptance testing.
- End user training: We develop a comprehensive training strategy, training materials, job aids, call centre and billing scripts, and training rollout for impacted users.
- MDM cutover and TOU transition/rollout: Kaihen develops a cutover strategy and a TOU transition strategy for customer communications and billing/call centre planning.
- Project management: We deliver integrated project management including project planning, executive reporting and risk and issue management.
We also help our clients plan and prepare for current/upcoming changes (storage, electric vehicles, microgrids, renewable and distributed Energy, etc.) in the sector through the assessment and analysis of the consumption data which is stored in the MDM system or in some case, the utility’s operational data store. The results from the analysis of the data enable us to assist our clients with strategic planning. In other words, we help with and advise our clients on the following:
- The development of a cost optimization plan (e.g. business transformation, shared services, consolidation),
- Identification of alternative investments (e.g. grid investments, expansion into other businesses)
- Asset management planning/changes.
- Rate/ tariff structuring.
Learn more about our experience here.